Monday, April 24, 2023

Cascais, Portugal









The beginning of my journey has been a wonderful three day vacation in Cascais, Portugal with my daughter, son-in-law, two granddaughters, and a close family friend.  I was hoping to take care of jet lag in these three days, and have been fairly successful. 

I have never been to Europe before, and I’m being spoiled here. Cascais is beautiful, the weather is ideal, scenery is great, and people have been kind. We’re also staying in an awesome AirBNB. Tomorrow, Tuesday the 25th, I will fly out of Lisbon on a flight that will get me (with a stop in Madrid) to San Sebastián Airport in north east Spain. The rest of clan will stay in Cascais to enjoy it more. The visit to Sintra and real castles today was well worth it  

The owner of the AirBNB left his Jaguar behind. Unfortunately he didn’t leave the keys behind;) 

I’m a little nervous, and excited, traveling alone in a country I’ve never been to.  After these last few days I feel better about being able to get by with the language barrier. 

My plan for this hike was to not over plan  I did that quite well.  We’ll see together how this works:)

I’m a technosaur.  You can expect errors on this blog.