Sunday, April 30, 2023

No Room at the Inn







This is the Basque Country portion of Spain. Based on the signs, graffiti, posters etc even though tensions have eased in the last five years or so, tensions are still there. 

The inside of the church at the monastery that was so incredible. 

Many log decks, trucks, and other indicators that this is definitely an an area of timber production. 

On the edge of Guernica I could hear the clapping and cheering. It was a good crowd for a handball game. It’s obviously popular here. 

I continued past Guernica and up to an albergue for the night, but, all the beds were full. They had a backpacking tent I could set up if I was willing. Heck yes I was willing. Then they said they didn’t have enough food and I would have to feed myself. Also not a problem:).